Tuesday, March 3, 2009

34 Weeks!!

We made it to 34 weeks! We are so excited! Only two weeks of bedrest left and I got the okay from the Dr. to be a little more mobile. I still can't leave the house or really do much but I can at least sit up more and move to different rooms of the house. The best thing is that I can shower every day now.

We had a doctor appointment on Monday and everything looks great with the baby. She is measuring right on schedule and her heart rate is good. The only bad news is that she is still breech. This is not a good thing at 34 weeks. Basically, if she doesn't turn in the next week or so she probably won't. I had an appointment today to try to turn her. It didn't work. She is very stubborn and seems to really like this position. I have another appointment when I turn 36 weeks to try it again. Hopefully she decides to turn on her own because it is very painful to have the doctor pushing on my belly.

Here are few pictures of what we've been up to....This is a picture of my belly at 33 weeks. It is still getting bigger. I can't believe it!
These are couple of pictures from my baby shower. It was a ton of fun! Thanks to everyone who came and thanks to Julie for throwing it for me!! You guys are all so awesome! Thanks to Sean for carrying me across the street for the shower! You are the best husband ever!

My Mom and and Sean's Mom made a special trip up from Utah to come to the shower. It was wonderful to have them here. My Dad and brother Aaron came up also and worked on things for the nursery. It was so nice to have some company!

Here are some pictures of us in the nursery. The first pic is Sean hanging up curtain rods. It's starting to feel like a baby's room. I love to just go in there a look at it. The second picture is me checking out the crib. My Dad put together the mobile I got from Sean's Mom at the shower! It is so adorable.




10 comments:

Chad and Stephanie said...

SO MY BABY WAS BREECH WHEN MY WATER BROKE AT 35 WEEKS SO I HAD TO END OF HAVING A C SECTION THEY WERE GOING TO TRY AND TURN HIM AT 37 WEEKS BUT I DIDN'T MAKE IT. I AM KINDA GLAD BECAUSE I WORK IN FAMILY BIRTH AND YOU CAN TELL IT IS PAINFUL TO HAVE A VERSION SO HOPEFULLY SHE WILL FLIP. CONGRATS ON THE 34 WEEKS!!!

Alison said...

You are looking so good! That is so exciting that it is getting close! I hope she turns for you. Good luck with everything :)

Tammy and Chris said...

Hey Amanda-
Sorry I wasn't able to make it to your shower, I was planning on coming by, however Chris was deploying the next day and he had two college classes he had to finish and needed a ton of help. I hope Sean gave you our gift. I would love to come over and hang out as soon as we are over our sicknesses. I am sooo happy things are going well, hopefully your little one will turn over soon. Call me if you need anything!

p.s. I love the ladybug theme, Rylee has ladybug bedding, its so cute and soft!

Ben and Melissa Ellis said...

Yeah for 34 weeks! And yeah for only 2 more weeks of the bed rest. I bet you will be glad to have a little more room to move. I love the ladybug nursery. Way too cute. Did you get lots of good stuff at your shower? We would have love to have been there but hope we can throw you one when you come to Utah. Glad to know the baby is doing so well also besides being breech. I will keep my fingers crossed that she will turn for you!

Rachel Hudgins said...

Only two more weeks!!! Yeah! I hope I am feeling better soon so I can get over for another visit and check out the nursery in person. I love the lady bugs. Your shower was fun, I'm so glad I was able to come. Call if you need anything.

Emily said...

Yay! It's so exciting that it's so close! I hope they are able to turn they baby, but if not, hopefully all still turns out well and she comes out perfect and healthy! You'll have to post some more pics of the nursery when you get it all done - how fun!!

Ashley said...

Thanks for the update, I have been checking on here to see how things are going. I love the lady bugs too, what a sweet husband you have :) You look great, 36 weeks here you come.

Shaelyn said...

Amanda! I am so glad that you and the baby are doing great! I hope that she'll turn soon for you. The nursery is adorable from what I can tell from the pictures-you always had such cute ways of putting things together! You are so loved by your family and friends. Just keep pacing yourself and taking good care of you and the baby. She will be here soon enough! You and Sean are going to be great parents!

Ashley said...

Thinking of you all today with full hearts for your precious angels on their birth day.

Emily Williams said...

Amanda! You are the cutest pregnant mama! I am so happy for you. I am so glad all sounds well with her...and hope that she will turn around. It sounds like your pregnancy has been a long process, you are so strong! The pictures of her ultra sound adorable. The playroom is, too. I am so excited for you. You guys are in our thoughts and prayers.