Our baby girl was born today. She is named Anahí Hope. Pronounced: Ana'ee. She will be called "Ana" for short.
Anahí is named after a barrio I lived in Paraguay, where I had many special experiences as a missionary bringing the gospel of Jesus Christ to the paraguayan people. It has always been a special name to me and I wanted to name a daughter Anahí. I mentioned this name to Amanda when we first were married and she liked it (which surprised me). Over the last 6 months of Amanda being on bedrest, she has been the one who really wanted to name her Anahí.
Technically the name means "beauty of the Ceibo flower". It comes from a legendary guarani (paraguayan indian tribe) princess who died while fighting the conquistadores. When she died she sang very beautifully pleading for her tribe, lands, and rivers. The next day, the Ceibo flower bloomed in the spot where she died. There is also a song about her legend.

Her middle name Hope comes from the hope that she has brought to our family. We had a difficult time trying to get pregnant for the 1st 4 years of our marriage. Finally, we tried an in vitro fertilization and were able to get pregnant with our twins Wallace and Carolyn. Unfortunately, things didn't turn out as planned and we lost Wallace and Carolyn last year on March 10th. It was a huge loss to Amanda and I. Luckily after a difficult recovery (3 months) and the day before we were going to go see the fertility Dr. we found out Amanda was pregnant! We were ecstatic!
This pregnancy has been a difficult one; with a cerclage, bedrest from October to the middle of March (fulltime bedrest from December to March 17th), a breeched baby, an unsuccessful version, a successful version, removal of the cerclage, and finally a miraculous birth. Hence the name Hope because she has brought us hope.
We are so grateful to God for this wonderful blessing in our lives. She is our sweet angel and we look forward to a lot of fun!!!
We are so grateful to God for this wonderful blessing in our lives. She is our sweet angel and we look forward to a lot of fun!!!
Sean




16 comments:
Congrats guys! We are so excited for you. What a beautiful name with a beautiful story and meaning. Can't wait to meet Ana Hope :)
Yeah!!! I am sooo happy for you guys. Congratulations!!
Congratulations! Can't wait to see more pictures, but I really want to just come see her in person. When are you taking visitors?
She will always love her name and the meaning behind it. She is beautiful!
She is perfect, precious, and one blessed little princess to be born to awesome parents!
Such a lovely post! What a lovely, meaningful name and a huge miracle and blessing of HOPE to your family! I can't wait to meet her when I get back in town.
I am SO happy so you! You deserve it! You guys have been through a lot...I'm so happy that you finally got a beautiful, healthy baby.
Congratulations Amanda and Sean! I love her chubby cheeks! What a neat and special name she will have.
Congratulations Macdonald family! She is beautiful.
Man it has been a long time since we walked up and down and all around Anahi, and the name has always kept a special meaning to me as well. Our second daughter is named Sophie Anahi. Ya’ll gotta come down to Texas sometime so they can meet.
We’re so happy for you guys. Email us your address, we have a gift for Anahi.
Take care,
Kavajutavy (Lincoln)
Congrats! She is beautiful. We wish we could be there in person to see her. I love names that have meanings so I think hers is very appropriate. We hope you will keep more pictures of her coming. We love you guys!
Congratulations! We send our love to Ana! Hope mom, baby, and dad are doing well
HORAAY! I am so so so happy for the two of you. This is going to be such an amazing experience and you guys are going to be so appreciative and grateful due to all that you've been through. Which will make this experience all the sweeter. Wonderful, enjoy yourselves. :)
Oh- I just LOVE her!! She has the most perfect face EVER. I love the meaning behind her names.
I can't wait to hold her again.
Congrats you guys- my heart is so happy for your little family.
CONGRATS!!!! SHE IS BEAUTIFUL! GLAD EVERYTHING WENT WELL! CAN'T WAIT TO SEE MORE PICTURES OF HER.
Congratulations! Little ana has the best parents ever. We hope we can meet her someday. She is so beautiful.
What a touching story. I LOVE her beautiful name! :)
Post a Comment