Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Surprise

I'm Pregnant! I haven't told many people because I've been a little nervous after what we went through last time. I am now eighteen weeks along. It has been quite a emotional roller coaster. I found out I was pregnant in August. I was 6 weeks along before I even knew I was pregnant! Quite a change for us...we got pregnant naturally with no fertility treatments!

At 13 weeks I went in for surgery to sew up my cervix to prevent this little one from coming early. Due to having an incompetent cervix I have to take it easy, so since the surgery I spend a lot of time on my couch. I have also been getting shots to prevent preterm labor.

I have been able to feel the baby kick for couple of weeks but it is getting more active all the time. Sean felt a kick for the first time a couple of days ago! Next Wednesday I have "the ultrasound." Then we'll hopefully find out what we're having. My suspicion is that it's a girl...but I could be wrong! I don't have a preference either way so long a we have a healthy child I'll be happy! So if you haven't seen me around in while here's your reason why!

Here's a picture of my belly at 18 weeks!




18 comments:

Ally and Chris Johns said...

yay! look at that cute little niece of mine:) i am so glad you finally can put your ultrasound pictuers on here so i can see her and you grow! i love that belly... you are the cutest prego girl ever!

Shaelyn said...

Oh I am so excited for you guys! I hope and pray that everything will go well for you! You are a very strong woman Amanda and I admire that about you! Congratulations and keep us updated!

Chad and Stephanie said...

YAHOO!!!! That is so exciting! When are you due? CONGRATS!

Julie said...

Such a cute belly! Congrats! So, can I bring the boys over to see your new pictures?! They will be so happy for you guys! Luv ya!

Ben and Melissa Ellis said...

Horray! You are a very cute pregnant girl. I look back at my pictures and think yuck. You are in my thoughts every single day. I wish we talked more. Keep taking it easy and enjoy those kicks. You will forget too soon what it feels like to be pregnant.

Bj and Christie said...

Congrats! I was wondering when you were going to tell everyone. You look adorable with a pregnant belly. Keep us updated, we are so happy for you two. We will have to make a trip to Washington to see this little one when they arrive.

Alison said...

Oh my gosh! I am so excited for you Amanda! You are such a strong person. I pray that all will go well for you and your little baby. Next time you come to Utah let me know so we can visit. In the meantime take it easy and enjoy the joys of pregnancy!

Anonymous said...

Hey Amanda! Congrats. I found your blog and got so excited! I haven't seen you since Freshman year at WSCU.

leah said...

Oh my gosh.... your belly! You actually have one! You look amazing... and congrats!! Throw the good books my way!!
Let us know what you are having.

Tammy and Chris said...

I am soo happy for you guys! Congratulations!!

Rebecca Pierce said...

What a miracle of many kinds. I'm so happy for you! I just wish I'd seen this post one minute after you posted this, because it's just such great news! Congrats!

Mertlich said...

Congratulations!!!
We are so happy for you!

Rachel Hudgins said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! (That's me yelling from my roof top because I am soooo excited for you!!) What an awesome miracle. I'm so happy for you both and excited to find out what you are having. Can I bring you anything? Books, healthy snacks, anything? Take care and enjoy.

Ashley said...

I am so so so happy for you guys. What a blessing! What a surprise, I had no idea until now! Congratulations. I can imagine the emotional roller coaster this pregnancy has been for you and my heart goes out to you, from one mother of an angel to another with two angels :)
All my love, Ashley

Mindy said...

YEAH!YEAH!YEAH! Amanda I am so happy for you. Good luck. I can't wait to see that beautiful baby.

Mimi said...

Yay!!

the little belly- you totally didn't have a belly last time I saw you!!!

This news of your little one came at just the right time in my life. I really needed good news that day!! I can't wait to find out what it is either. I think it's a girl. I think I want it to be a girl for two reasons-
1)so she can play with Mia
2)Sean needs a little girl!!

Adam and Ashley said...

Hi Amanda,
I just came across your blog. I hope you remember me. Congratulations on the new little one. I couldn't help but look back at previous posts and realize what you have been through. Thank you for sharing. I hope all goes well and I look forward to seeing future posts. If you want to take a look at my blog send me your email and I will send you an invite, ashleyfarrell@mail.weber.edu.

Sheri said...

Oh - congrats Amanda! I'm a little slow reading the blogs but I am so happy and excited for you!! And a little girl to boot! She will be beautiful!