Well I have made it to 28 weeks (although this picture of my belly is from 27 weeks). It is such a great feeling. This pregnancy seems to be going by so fast compared to last time. I suppose that might be because I haven't had to go on bedrest. I was so nervous when I found out I was pregnant. I wasn't sure how I was going to manage having a toddler and being pregnant if I had to do bedrest again. Thankfully we have been blessed that I didn't have to. Everything is looking good with our little man.
We had a scare around 18 weeks because they found choroid plexus cysts in his brain. These cysts don't affect development of the brain at all and usually resolve by 30 weeks. In fact, our baby's have already disappeared. However, they can be a marker for Trisomy 18 or Down Syndrome. I had the PENTA screen done and the results came back normal. They also didn't find any other markers for either disorder. But they wanted to check his growth again at 28 weeks to make sure he is growing appropriately. Many babies with Trisomy 18 have growth delays and are small for their gestation at 28 weeks. Thankfully our son is actually measuring a little on the big side.
He is quite active and does a lot of kicking, mostly when I'm trying to sleep of course. At our ultrasound today he was in the 57th percentile for growth. He weighs almost 3lbs. He wouldn't hold still so we couldn't get a very good picture of him. The tech tried to take a 3D picture but his cord was in the way and so we couldn't see his little face. Here is a 3D picture of him from our last ultrasound at 24 weeks.
I am so grateful to be having this handsome little guy come to our family. We have been truly blessed during this pregnancy. Only a few more months to go!
13 years ago






1 comments:
I am so happy for you guys. And it's a boy! I guess I didn't realize. All right!
Post a Comment